Some common proverbs that are being thrust upon us.
1. Don’t worry. Be happy!
2. Take life as it comes.
No I won’t! It usually comes crappy.
3. Looks don’t matter.
When was the last time you dated a proboscis monkey?
4. You can cross the bridge when you come to it.
The last time you said that I found myself under 50 feet water.
5. Tomorrow never comes.
Yesterday never goes. Today always sucks.
6. Do in Rome as Romans do.
What the hell do Romans do? Have 15 pints of beer at midnight and puke all over the rug (the one that tied the room together)?
7. Desire is the root cause of all evil.
No. Proverbs are.
8. A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
So why am I so hated? *sniff*
9. Winners never quit. Quitters never win.
Winners never quit winning. Ergo, quitters never quit quitting.
10. Never, never, never, never, give up!
Who is the poor mortal at the receiving end? And, try doing that with your 4 year old neice who is bawling her ass off for the cake on your plate.